Well, made it through a full week. I am having a tough time getting into the swing of things at work though. I haven't worked my brain for 3 months!! Thankfully, everyone is pretty understanding that I'm not just going to be able to jump right in and act as if I've never been gone. My biggest issue is lack of sleep. Elizabeth wakes up anywhere between 3:00 & 5:00 and goes to bed anywhere from 9:00 to 11:00. There was 1 night we both went to bed @ 9:00 and then Brian bottle fed her @ 11:30, but by 3:30 my boobs were really sore so I had to get up & pump. Also, I like taco's. (this is what happens when you walk away from the computer, your husband gets on and inserts things about tacos...) Back to me having to get up in the middle of the night to pump...That was awful, she was sleeping the night away but I couldn't. It wasn't so bad when I didn't have to get up for work. When I get home at night, I'm completely wiped. That's why I haven't been adding much to my blog. Not sure if I'll ever get used to this lack of sleep. I've really been considering putting cereal in the bottle, just enough to slightly thicken up the milk. I'd like to try and hold off until her 4 mo. check up though. I can't beleive she'll be 3 months in just a few days. It's amazing how time has just flown by!
Elizabeth has been congested since sometime last week. I called the doctor last Friday and they said if she's not running a fever or coughing, then there was nothing to worry about and to just put saline drops in her nose. Well, after a week of this and no changes, I finally took her to the doctor. I've been hearing horror stories of things like this turning into pnemonia or RSV. I just wanted to make sure she was good. It is just a head cold that has to run its course. It could be another week before she's cleared up. She's been sleeping her in bouncer at night so that's elevated. When she sleeps it sounds like she's snoring like a grown man. I feel bad for her. I think I feel worse about it then she does. You can't really tell she's sick, which I guess is another sign that she's really okay.
No exciting plans for the weekend, at least not for Elizabeth and me. One of our friends is turning 31 so all the guys are doing stuff together and then topping the day off with Xtreme Bowling. I've always wanted to do that, and we thought about taking Elizabeth since its smoke free but I'm worried the music will be too loud. Since all the boys are doing boy things today, the girls may try to get together for some scrapbooking. It'll be interesting to see how much I can get done while watching Elizabeth. If it takes me 7 hours to get a 2 page layout done when I'm not with her, I can only imagine what I'll get accomplished with her.
I wanted to share a pic of Elizabeth sitting in her Bum
pbo - at least I think that's the name of it. Got it for Christmas from my mom.
This thing is great. It helps her to work on holding her head up, which she's pretty good at anyway. I think after a while though, it wears her out. We usually have her sit in it when we're eating dinner. The one thing we are really really bad about is giving her "tummy time". She hates it and usually cries so its not high on our things to do. I hope it doesn't keep her from being where she should be.
I have to share a funny kid story. We were babysitting our friend's 6 year old. Brian and I are really trying to get in the habit of eating at the dinner table and saying grace. Well, Spencer picked up his food and started eating. I told him that we still needed to say Grace and he asked me what that was. I told him you say grace as a way of thanking God for your food. So, he put down his sandwich and said "Grace" and then started eating again. It took everything I had not to fall off my chair laughing.
Well, I think that about catches me up for the week.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment