Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Morning Home with My Girl

My baby sitter's kid is sick again so I am at home with Elizabeth this morning. I'm taking the opportunity to finally post on my blog and upload to our picture website. Hubby and I are splitting our day in half since I've got month end I'm working on, plus I have a girl on vacation that I'm covering so I can't take a whole day off. We're also doing this tomorrow. I don't mind at all though. I wish I could take the whole day off with her! We're watching Baby Einstein right now. She just gets such a huge kick out of it. We have 2 of them, but she definitely prefers one over the other (I can't remember the names of either one!). I guess it bored her b/c she just fell asleep! Unfortunately I'm going to have to wake her up soon. We're going to meet at my work to "swap". It gives me the opportunity to show her off to my co-workers and that way Brian can work a little bit later and I can be at work a little bit earlier rather than waiting for him to drive all the way home before I can leave again. Oh to be a stay at home mom!!

We had a really great visit with Gramma & Papaw. They got to babysit for half a day Wed. and then all day Thursday and Friday. I know they all enjoyed each other. I got some great pictures of all of them making each other laugh. While they were here we went to the River Market which is a cross between a Farmer's Market and a Flea Market. It was such a beautiful day. Up until then it was rainy and a little chilly. We took them to eat at my friend's parents Mexican Restaurant - Lobitos (means Little Wolf). They also babysat Friday night and Brian and I had a "date night". We saw "Wild Hogs" which was pretty funny. Mom and I went shopping, she got Elizabeth some of THE CUTEST clothes and I got some clothes for me as well. Still haven't lost all my baby fat yet so I don't have a lot of clothes I can wear to work and I refuse to buy a whole new wardrobe!! Anyway, we sure do miss Gramma and Papaw but we'll be seeing them again in a month and a half. Elizabeth's cousin will be turning 1!


While Gramma and Papaw were here, Elizabeth turned 5 months. I went picture happy in a big way and changed her into 3 different outfits. I don't normally do that b/c she doesn't always put up with it, but Gramma was able to keep her happy and smiling. Here are some of those. She still loves her feet. She can now get them to her mouth and she'll suck on her toes!! It's funny how a baby sucking on their toes is cute! At what age does it stop being cute?? :)

Onto a little scrapbooking - This is my most recent layout...
The first page is a Pencil Line sketch. I think its #72. I used #46 as inspiration for page 2. For those of you who scrapbook, its worth checking out. As you can probably tell, I'm a double layout kind of gal. The "Waiting for You" layout is a single b/c that's my opening page of Elizabeth's scrabpook. The closest I've come to not having a double layout is the Snow Angel and Christmas Outfits, but they blend together (just need to get them both completed). I'm notorious for not completing layouts!! Especially when it comes to the journaling. I'm used to not journal b/c of my handwriting and I would plan on typing on then printing, but that never happens. I've gotten over that and just write now. Sometimes though, a layout doesn't really need it, like the one here, I like those!
Anyone going to see "Spiderman 3" this weekend? We're working out an arrangement with our friends so that we can see it. I still love going to the movies. That's about the only thing I miss, Brian and I can't go very often together and I've got that free movie pass card. Most of the time, I go with my friend Monica but we mainly see "chick flicks" and then Brian will go with Eric. We've made it to a few together, but there really hasn't been anything that I'm just dying to see until this weekend.
I'm going to put in a plug for Netflix. We love Netflix. We have the 3 movie deal. I think we pay about $18 a month. We get more TV shows then movies. We watched all of Alias, about 3-1/2 seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation and I'm starting to watch Lost. There's a hub here so the turn around time is about 2 days including the day we mailed it. There have to be about a million movies to choose from. If you like watching movies but can't always make it to Blockbuster I would recommend looking into it. The turn around time could be longer for places that don't have a hub (warehouse) in your city. It'll let you create a list - we have about 50 on ours and it just goes down the list. We also split ours into 2 users. Brian gets 2 and I get 1. That way we each have our own list. There's my plug for the day.
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Take care all!


1 comment:

~Telah said...

Enjoyed your update! Great pictures of that little cutie. Oh, and I think that the toe-sucking starts to not be so cute, probably around the time that they start running around the house and have dirty little feet....and toe jam! LOL