-1. Start enjoying being on your stomach. This is a key to start the whole crawling process. Once you are comfortable with this you can move on to......
-2. The Military crawl. Use your arms to pull yourself forward. This is great for beginning crawlers. I wish I had pictures of her demonstrating this particular crawl, but unfortunately I don't. Just pictures Marines crawling under ropes through mud. Take away the mud and ropes and you've got Elizabeth's Military crawl!! :)
-2. The Military crawl. Use your arms to pull yourself forward. This is great for beginning crawlers. I wish I had pictures of her demonstrating this particular crawl, but unfortunately I don't. Just pictures Marines crawling under ropes through mud. Take away the mud and ropes and you've got Elizabeth's Military crawl!! :)
-3. After you master the military crawl, the next move is the Spider crawl. Be on one knee, bring your other foot around, then crawl on one knee and one foot. The picture at the top demonstrates how this is to be done. It's an interesting way to get around, but it seems to get her where she wants to go.
It's been so much fun watching her move this past month. Everything seems to be happening so fast. One minute she hates being on her stomach and the next, she's rolling from her back to stomach, getting up on her knees and moving around. I can not believe she will be 8 months old this month! I can't get over how quickly time seems to be going by. I'm trying to soak it all in and remember every milestone!
After crawling, what comes next except pulling yourself up...This is 
something Elizabeth has just conquered in the last couple of days. She loves the coffee table in the living room. Actually, she pretty much likes anything that she can pull herself up on. She's had a few bumps with all this pulling up and moving around. I think her favorite thing to do is pull herself up. She likes to stand. I swear, it feels like any minute she's going to start trying to walk.
I've had a chance to do a little bit of scrapbooking. I finally got to use my Cricut, which I absolutely love!! I used to help on my Valentine's Day layout along with some stamping. If you've never used Versa Mark, you need to give it a try. I stamped the word LOVE in 4 different fonts with the versa mark and it really made a great back ground. Just a note with the Cricut, When I cut out the smaller LOVE, I kept the negative space and used it. It was an after thought, but I really liked how it came out.
In addition to Valentine's I got some of the Christmas pictures
done. I like the big present I did
that matches the presents on the background of the paper. I made it as one present and then when I was done, I cut it in half. Every now and then, I get inspired. It pretty much seems like I can get 2 layouts done and then my creativity leaves me!
Well, that does it for tonight. As usual, my blog is long b/c I can't ever seem to keep up on it!!!
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe she's already pulling up! Natalie hasn't even attempted that yet. She does the military crawl and pushes with her toes, but hates being on her knees. She may just go straight from that to walking! She didn't get to see any fireworks. We were all in bed before they got started.
Happy belated Anniversary to you and Brian!
Post a Comment