Sonya Grimm is 32 years old, with a 5 month old daughter, a 6 year old son and an 11 year old step daughter and she is dying of cervical cancer. When she was about 4 months into her pregnancy, she was diagnosed. Sonya had to deliver her daughter early and although she was about 2 months premature, she is doing great. At this point, the doctors are only giving Sonya about 2 months to live. I don't know Sonya well at all. My husband and her husband went to High School together so I've talked with her on occasion. It's probably been 2 years since I've even seen her, but this has really hit hard for me. I have no idea what she is going through or what she is thinking of or how much pain she is in or how she is getting through each day. I just know that I look at my little girl and I can't imagine not being a part of her life. Hearing about Sonya has really put things in perspective for me. It's important to cherish everything, the little things, the big things, the insignificant things. We never know how long our time on earth is. I can't imagine never seeing Elizabeth smile or hearing her laugh or watching her crawl for the first time or walking for the first time and so much more. I am so sad for Sonya and her family.
Please keep Sonya and her family in your prayers and this will be so hard on them to loose their mom and wife. Pray that Jeremy has the strength to raise 3 kids on his own and to have the strength to be everything he needs to be for his kids.
Ladies, be sure you have your yearly paps and be sure that if something doesn't "seem right", then please get checked out. I got this information off
www.cancer.org. This is the direct
link.- About 3,670 women will die from cervical cancer in the United States during 2007. Cervical cancer was once one of the most common causes of cancer death for American women. Between 1955 and 1992, the number of cervical cancer deaths in the United States dropped by 74%. The main reason for this change is the increased use of the Pap test. This screening procedure can find changes in the cervix before cancer develops. It can also find early cancer in its most curable stage. The death rate from cervical cancer continues to decline by nearly 4% a year. Half of women diagnosed with this cancer are between the ages of 35 and 55.
As I said, please get your yearly paps and make sure all the beautiful women you know do the same.
2 comments:
That is so sad! I think that once we become mothers, stories like this really hit home and make us more intuned to all those litte things! Will be praying for this family.
Will keep this family in my prayers.
Hope you had a great Mother's DaY!
Post a Comment