Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well, I've been a big looser about updating my blog (at least my brother-in-law thinks so!). So, be prepared for sensory overload as I've got a lot to add!

No big news to inform anyone of. I went for a visit to Alabama with Elizabeth while Brian stayed home to work on the house. He built in a shelving unit around our fireplace. The bottom half is for all of Elizabeth's toys - we needed to get them off of the floor. He's going to put on doors to hide it eventually. Also, maybe this year, we're going to put a flat screen TV above the fireplace! Can't wait for that! Brian's 3 brothers came from Omaha to help Brian replace our roof. They did a great job with that.


Elizabeth and I had a great visit with my family. Elizabeth really started jabbering much more with being around Emma so much. Can't understand a lot of it, but one day we will! Emma and Elizabeth are like night and day when it comes to their looks - they don't look like they are related at all! We took them to portrait innovations for pictures (kind of yearly tradition now) and it we did not get a lot of pictures of the 2 of them smiling. It was like they were being forced to be together (which I guess they sort of were!). I'll have to add those another time. We all went to a petting zoo and then went visiting relatives. Mom and Dad watched Elizabeth one night and I spent the night with Kim and Mark. Mom and Dad also watched her a couple of different times so I could go to the movies. Saw "The Incredible Hulk" with my bro-in-law Mark. I liked the movie, I wold recommend people to go see it. Saw "The Happening" with my dad. It was okay. Not super scary or anything and a little bit of a let down for me at the end. And finally saw "Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull with my sister Kim. I liked it for what it was. Elizabeth and I took it pretty easy and mom and dad's. Did only a little bit of shopping and just a little bit of visiting. I was glad that we made it for Emma's 2nd birthday.
I got to visit my friend Leah who had just had her daughter Abigail a couple of days before I got into town. She was so beautiful. Hungry and asleep for most of my visit. :)

We had a good 4th of July. Went to our friends Matt and Chez's house for food and fireworks. Elizabeth did great with the fireworks. They didn't scare her in the least, actually, she got a little bored. We went to a lake near their house for the big city fireworks. Elizabeth entertained herself for the most part with an empty bottle of bubbles. She would take the wand out and put it on the side of her head and then blow. It was so funny! We didn't do anything big for our 11 year anniversary (July 5th). We took Elizabeth to the zoo late morning. There was this bird sanctuary that you could walk through and feed the birds. They would land on your head or shoulders or your arms. They were not scared at all of us. Elizabeth was a little bit leery of the birds, but as long as they didn't get too close to her, she was fine. I had one take a nip out of my ear. Wasn't too pleasant.
I guess I sort of have big news. I cut my hair off today! I took this picture myself so I could quickly add it to the blog. It's short. I had about 10 inches cut off and I donated it to locks of love. I think it's been about 2 years or more since I had a hair cut! Look at the 2nd picture and see how long it was (picture taken at Monica's birthday dinner)!

Here some news to make me sound like a big geek!! My sister, Kim, and I are going to Las Vegas in August for 5 days. Why does this make me a geek? It's for the Star Trek convention. I am super excited about it. I keep checking out the website (http://www.creationent.com/cal/stlv.htm) to see if any new stars have been added. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that William Shatner, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes get signed on to come. I know, I'm a super geek. To make it even worse, my sister and I keep checking out the Firefly/Stargate/Battlestar Galatica convention going on in November, too. However, can't do 2 conventions in one year so it's just the Star Trek for 2008 (unless Kim and Mark win the lottery, then we'll go).


For those of you interested in my scrapbooking, here are some layouts I've done. I've got more, but these are my favorites. I'm pretty behind on Elizabeth's album. I quit working on it to start on our India/Zurich/Rome trip and now I've quit working on it, to start back on her album. One day I'll get the travel album done and can concentrate on her's.

Well, no promises on when I'll add another entry to my blog!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Woo hoo! An update! Love all those pics! The one of Elizabeth with the bubbles is so cute!!

Really like that layout with the black and white with teal. So pretty!!